Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
cup Feta Cheese
cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
cup fresh Parsley
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
Tbsp Olive Oil
Tbsp Garlic, minced
& Pepper to taste
Cut a pocket in the chicken breast
Combine all ingredients (except Salt & Pepper) in a bowl
Stuff mixture into chicken pocket
Coat chicken with Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper.
Grill covered for 10-12 minutes per side.
Pacchiu Green Beans
cups diced fresh Tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
1 LB Fresh Green Beans
Boil Green Beans for 5 - 6 minutes
Saute the garlic in the olive oil in 12" frying pan on medium heat
for 5 minutes to soften garlic and infuse oil with garlic.
Add tomatoes and saute for another 3 - 5 minutes
Add basil and drained green beans. Saute for another minute. Salt and
pepper to taste.
Serve and grate parmesan cheese on individual servings.
Pea Tendrils with Garlic Scapes
bag of pea tendrils, washed and roughly chopped
1 cup of tender ends of garlic scapes, excluding the seed pod, cut into
1/8 inch pieces
2 tblsp butter or olive oil
Salt (kosher if you have it) and pepper to taste
a sauté pan over medium - high heat. Add oil or butter (or a mixture
of the two), add scapes and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook, stirring,
until scapes are bright green and slightly softened. Add chopped tendrils
and cook until they are just wilted. Add further salt and ground pepper
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
¼ cup to ½ cup milk or half n half
1 tsp wasabi paste (you can find this in the grocery store in the aisle
of Asian food)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cut cauliflower up into florets and put in microwave safe bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsps of water to cauliflower bowl, cover and microwave until
fork tender (approx 7-8 min on high)
3. Remove cauliflower from microwave and add to food processor or blender
(you can mash by hand but the consistency will be more lumpy). Add in
butter and milk until you get the desired consistency based on your preference.
4. Add wasabi paste, salt and pepper and blend again.
5. Serve immediately
Beet Slices with Maple-Teriyaki Sauce
medium beets, scrubbed and trimmed
½ cup butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp minced or pressed garlic
1 Tbsp finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
Preheat oven to 400F
2. Boil beets for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until easily pierced with a
3. Run beets under colder water and slip off skin. Slice into ¼-inch
4. Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup, garlic,
ginger, and soy sauce or tamari. When the ingredients are thoroughly combined
remove from heat.
5. Put the beets in a shallow baking pan and pour the maple syrup mixture
over them. Broil, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-10 minutes.
Pac Choi Soup
recipe takes the flavors of a Japanese clear vegetable soup and gives
them a spin..in the blender
with a potato and a touch of sour cream.
The soup ends up thick and slightly creamy - and incidentally a lovely
shade of jade green.
Tbsp peanut oil
½ cup chopped spring onions, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 ½ tsp)
2 tsp coarsely chopped fresh ginger
2 heads mini Pac Choi chopped
1 large potato, peeled, diced
3 cups vegetable stock or water
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Pinch hot pepper flakes
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp sour cream
1. Heat the peanut oil in a medium pot over medium high heat. Set aside
a couple tablespoons of spring onions for a garnish. Add the remaining
spring onions, garlic, and ginger to the pot. Cook stirring until fragrant,
about 1 minute.
2. Add the Pac Choi and potato. Pour in the stock or water and add the
salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes to taste. Increase the heat and bring
to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the potato is tender,
about 20 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Stir in the toasted sesame
3. Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and puree. Ladle soup
into individual bowls.
4. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped spring
onions. Serve immediately.
Greens with Rice
2 cups chicken or meat stock
1 cup long grain rice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2-3 cups chopped collard greens.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Bring the stock to a boil in 2 quart saucepan. Add the rice, butter
or margarine, and salt; stir.
2. Bring back to a boil. Cover and reduce heat.
3. After 10 minutes add chopped Collard Greens a handful at a time, stirring
after each addition.
4. Cover and cook additional 5- 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
5. Season with Pepper and Salt before serving.
1 summer squash
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Chop zucchini, summer squash, onion, and pepper into 1 inch segments.
3. Put all vegetables in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil to coat.
4. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper
5. Put roasting pan full of veggies in oven for approximately 15 minutes
or until vegetables are soft and start to brown.
6. Serve immediately.
7. For a change add some cherry tomatoes before roasting or top with parmesean
Raab Pesto with Pasta
" 1 bunch broccoli raab, tough lower stems removed
" 1/2 cup walnuts
" 3/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
" Kosher salt
" 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
" 2 cloves garlic
" 1/2 pound pasta
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Set up a bowl of
well-salted ice water. Cook the broccoli raab in the boiling water for
1 to 2 minutes and then immediately plunge in the salted ice water. This
will prevent the broccoli raab from being overcooked and will set the
lovely green color.
2. Drain the broccoli raab and squeeze out any excess water; coarsely
chop. Place the broccoli raab in the bowl of a food processor and puree
until it is a coarse paste. Add the walnuts, garlic and parmigiano and
puree until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning; you probably will
need more salt. Add the ricotta and pulse until combined. Taste for seasoning
once again-it should be full-flavored, slightly bitter and creamy at the
same time. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. (If you are making
the pasta right after the pesto, just use the broccoli raab blanching
water.) Cook the pasta 1 minute less than the cooking time on the package.
4. While the pasta is cooking, place the pesto in a large skillet and
add about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water; place over medium-high
heat. When the pasta is ready, drain and add to the skillet with the pesto.
Stir vigorously to combine and cook until the sauce is creamy and heated
through, 1 to 2 minutes; add salt to taste. Remove from the heat, add
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, if desired, and stir vigorously. Garnish
with more parmigiano.
and Carmelized Onion Pizza
" 1 pizza dough homemade or store bought
" 1 to 2 medium size potatoes
" 1 large onion
" 1 tsp brown sugar
" grated fontina cheese
" Tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Slice potatoes into ¼ inch slices (leave skin on) and boil until
tender but still slightly firm, put aside.
3. Slice onion and sauté with butter or olive oil and brown sugar
in skillet until a rich golden brown about 10 minutes on med heat
4. Roll out pizza dough and spread tomato sauce. Layer on carmelized onions
and potatoes. Top with grated fontina cheese.
5. Bake until crust and cheese start to brown..about 10 to 15 minutes.
6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 yellow onion, finely diced
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
1 cup winter squash
1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Keep chicken or vegetable stock at a simmer.
2. Sauté onion in butter in skillet over medium heat until wilted
and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Add rice, stir to coat, and cook
for 1 minute. Turn heat to high.
3. Gradually add 2 cups hot stock and cook at a boil, stirring just a
few times. When first batch of liquid is fully absorbed, add more stock
½ cup at a time, stirring constantly. Continue until you've used
all the stock.
4. Stir in cooked squash. Continue cooking until rice is tender and the
sauce is creamy. Off heat, add parmesan and sage. Season with salt and
1. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Brush cut surface with oil
and set squash, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
2. Bake at 375 until very soft when pressed with a finger, ~30 minutes.